Collection of Branches and Tree Trimmings
Collection of branches and tree trimmings enables residents to dispose of this waste in a manner that allows the City to recover and reuse the wood.
- Branches, including hedge trimmings with or without leaves
- The waste must be placed on the curbside after 8 p.m. on the day prior to collection or before 7 a.m. on the day itself.
- The waste must measure less than 5 cm in diameter (2 inches). Materials exceeding 5 cm in diameter (2 inches) must be brought to an écocentre.
- The waste must be tied together in bundles up to 40 cm (16 inches) wide and 1.5 m (5 feet) long OR placed in plastic or metal containers with handles (maximum weight: 55 lbs) OR in wheeled bins (except for blue recycling bins).
- Bags and cardboard boxes are not accepted.
FIGHTING THE EMERALD ASH BORER
In order to prevent the spread of emerald ash borer, the felling and trimming of ash trees will be prohibited from March 15 to October 1, the period when the insect is most active. We ask that you dispose of your ash branches and trimmings during the waste collections scheduled for March, October, November and December.