It is your responsability to stay informed as to when snow removal operations are planned.
When snow removal operations begin, the City provides various communications methods to permit everyone to stay informed and to move their vehicles off the public road, if and when needed.
An announcement is made by the City by 3 p.m. at the latest on the day of the snow clearing operations using the following means of communication.
Receive information quickly by notification directly in your e-mail or text messaging via B-CITI platform (click on the B-CITI logo to register). If needed, video clips (tutorials) are available online to help you register for B-CITI and email or push notifications at brossard.ca/b-citi.
The following are important rules which should be followed:
- Parking a vehicle on public City streets is prohibited between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. from November 15 to April 15 inclusively, during snow removal operations.
- During the period referred to in the previous point, every vehicle owner must verify daily whether a snow removal operation is active before leaving a vehicle parked on a public road.
- Despite any permanent signage, it is prohibited to park any vehicle on a public road when a movable sign or any other temporary parking prohibition signage has been posted, to allow snow removal operations to take place at any moment.
- On public streets, parking outside of spaces marked with paint on the road is prohibited.
- On certain public streets, driving motorcycles and mopeds is prohibited at all times. For details, see plans:
This by-law is currently in effect. Persons who fail to comply may receive a statement of offense and have their vehicle towed.