Mayor Doreen Assaad's blood clinic
THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO TAKEN A MOMENT TO GIVE BLOOD ON APRIL 15!
Your donations of blood will allow 460 patients
to receive blood products.
DID YOU KNOW THAT?
• Up to four people
can recover with one blood donation?
• Every 80 seconds, someone needs blood.
• In a single year in Quebec 80,000 patients are transfused
• The probability that a person will receive at least one blood transfusion in their lifetime, and before age 72, is 60%
• More than 1,000 donations are needed each day to meet the demand of hospitals
• In Quebec, Héma-Québec is the only organization whose mission is to organize blood clinic
Talk to your friends, your neighbors, your parents and invite them to accompany you in your generous gesture. Hundreds of sick people are waiting for this gift of life.
For information on blood donations, please dial 1 800-343-7264.
This blood donor clinic was organized by Héma-Québec, in collaboration with grade 5 and 6 students from École Marie-Victorin in Brossard. Note that this blood clinic was possible thanks to the initiative of an employee of the Ville de Brossard Mr. Félix-Antoine Pelletier (lifeguard).